Quick June recap: June somehow now seems ages ago, doesn't it? Let's see if I can sum it up...
- Went to a Figure 4 class that my friend Lisa (who used to work at Equinox and now is off at business school) put together, attended with a lot of friends and chased it with 16 Handles (natch). I felt like this class was better than the first time I went in May when Laura arranged a class, but my booty still burned like nobody's business.
- My parents came to visit in mid-June. We did a lot - saw Clybourne Park, ate dinner at Red Rooster, brunched at Colicchio & Sons, walked the Highline, visited the 9/11 memorial, and walked across part of the Brooklyn Bridge. All in all it was an excellent visit filled with delicious food, fun times, and lots of walking.
- Johnny Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls performed at my company's staff meeting. My 13-year-old self was freaking out. And yes, he played "Slide" AND "Iris."
|Johnny and me, chatting about |
how awesome 1998 was
- I visited Cape Cod for the first time in my life and I didn't want to go back to New York. I went there for my friends' wedding and it was really lovely...fun activities (boozy boat cruise!), gorgeous setting (a resort right on the water), a beautiful ceremony (perfect conditions, amazing background), and all around fun times ("Call Me Maybe" might have come on a few times...and we definitely ALL danced all night long). I also managed to eat my first-ever lobster roll AND run 8 miles with my friend Shawna (not necessarily in that order). It was week 1 of Chicago Marathon training and I still managed to get my run in! Woo!
- Visited the Met with Lani and her husband and finally got to see Cloud City - we also enjoyed cocktails on the roof and wandered around the museum for quite some time.
|Cloud City on the roof of the Met|
- Ran my first NYC sports-bra-only run when it was blisteringly warm out. It made a hell of a difference - I stayed much cooler throughout the run. Shockingly, absolutely NO ONE CARED that I was running around NYC in my sports bra and shorts - SO surprising, I know! The worst part was when I most definitely saw Miranda Kerr running along the West Side Highway - I actually passed her on my way up and again on my way down. No matter how you slice it, seeing a supermodel run in just HER sports bra is gonna make you question why you decided it was OK for the world to see YOUR stomach...but c'est la vie.
|Embracing the sports bra run|
That's it for June...July is next! Then I'll start talking about all things marathon (since I'm actually almost 7 weeks into training...). Till next time!